Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More on Walk Thru the Old Testament

Walk Thru the Old Testament
This is the organisation that organised the Walk Thru the Old Testament. It was billed as a day to help you understand the main people, places and events of the Old Testament. I was quite keen on this because I spend quite a lot of time in the New Testament - Gospels of Jesus and after - and inwardly groan when someone suggests reading anything from the Old Testament which is Creation to 400 B.C.
It was a day of interactive learning. The story of the Old Testament, or the histories, runs from Genesis to Esther. All the other stuff runs in parallel, not in series. Which makes sense. The day taught us hand signals for the story and keywords for every book.
One of the main aims of the day was to encourage us to go and put the 'meat' of the stories on the bones we had learnt by reading the Bible everyday. At the moment I am encouraged and trying to work through the 30 day plan from the seminar book. Now I have the events and people straight in my head the whole thing seems less daunting.
In reply to Aeileish I don't know how much is fact and how much is allegory but I believe that the main events are historical and therefore factual. God is the same God yesterday, today and forever but Jesus changed the way humans deal with Him. I'll learn more as I read and get back to you!
H x

1 comment:

God, Love, Life and Rugby said...

Hmmm Challenging. I have a Holy Trinity tatooed on my back. To me God is one, the trinity represents different parts of His character. God and Jesus are one and the same being. The Holy Spirit is also part of this. The spirt is more of a tangible prescence of God I think. I am not really sure about details and I'm not sure it matters. I will try to find out more and get back to you.