Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Changes

I like the Boots marketing ploy this new year. For you media phobes it implies that we all fail at our Resolutions in the New Year because we try to change too much. It suggests you change one thing and then promotes a million products to help you!
So one thing.
Well I'm going to have two - I always do too much.
Number One is: Loose Weight.
The dreaded 'D' word. The thing is I'm fat, but not good fat and certainly not happy fat. I have clothes in my wardrobe that I remember looking good in that now don't fit. I feel miserable and I don't like the outside of me, which means the inside of me ain't happy either. So I'm going to do something about it. I have two motivations: a holiday in Rhodes in September and my wedding next May. Shorter term motivations include fitting into the top I bought for my birthday last year. James is being quite sweet about it, fact is he's skinny, but he's trying to help and I think after all these years he understands more about how to do that without driving me to nearest biscuit tin in anger. So yeah. I currently weigh lots and I want to weigh 2 and a half stone less. Will keep you updated.
Number Two: Slow Down
I do too much. This week yesterday is my only free night. I say yes to everything without really engaging my brain in some bid to keep everyone happy and let no-one down. The result is I end up resenting doing things and not enjoying anything. I threaten to nod off in Home Group and only half hearted play rugby. So this year I am going to do less. I am going to stop playing rugby at the end of the season. I am going to say no to things. I am going to share the housework with James. I am going to enjoy my relationship with my fiance. I am going to talk to and hear from God more.
So I hope these changes combined will bring the results I hope for. We'll see.

No comments: