Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Friday, January 13, 2006

And then it hit me...

Last night James gave me a present. It was one I had sort of asked for. As per my last post I have decided to do something about my weight, so we had a conversation about needing a book to help. I read a good article about Rosemary Connely's GI Jeans diet, and I like the sound of low GI eating. I like bread too much to be an Atkins girl.
So anyway James said he'd look for the book in his lunch hour. Last night he gave me two books. Neither were the Rosemary Connely one but they were a carefully selected GI diet book and Food Doctor cookbook. They weren't cheap.
For some reason I was really touched and quite emotional. I insisted he take them back and that he shouldn't spend money like that on me. He hugged me and said I want to help you, I want you to be happy, because when you're happy I'm happy. If I want to spend money on my fiance then I will. This made me cry more!
Later driving to rugby training it hit me: I was overcome because for the first time since we got engaged I realised that this man that I love will be there forever, helping me, loving me and providing for me when I need him. And that's amazing!
Hannah x

No comments: