Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Decisions Decisions

My sister Alice came to Visit this weekend which was really nice. It was good to see her and she's enjoying her new job at Leukemia Care a national charity based at home in Worcester.
One of the purposes of her visit, other than to say hi, was to try and start to get me thinking in an organised way about the wedding. This started with me getting into a flap on Friday, after a panicky call to a well know 'Bridal Shop' in Croydon. I thought 15 months was plenty of time to plan a wedding and it is but 'Bridal Shop' made me panic.
So Alice made me start thinking about what I want from my wedding, with some handy notes from Mum too. We went to the reception venue so Alice could take pictures and she asked all the right questions about the stage and lighting etc.
Saturday afternoon was hilarious - we were too late to book an appointment at any wedding dress shop - so we meekly went to Debenhams wedding department and peered at the sorry array of 10 or so dresses and the little note blu tacked to the rail saying you needed an appointment. We shuffled forward and actually took a dress down from the rail. Sweat broke out and amongst much giggling we RAN. We tried on some formal dresses, mine made me look like I'd lived in a dark cave for years and Alice's made her arse look like a badly parked Volkswagen! So disaster all round.
Over a civilised and size free coffee we made decision about colours for all my bridesmaids, and for James and Doug's waistcoats. We picked a theme-thread to run through the day and the style of the day I wanted.
Excited we ran home to tell James who grunted and went to play PS2 over the road!
But still decisions have been made. 3 out of 5 Bridesmaids have been asked and accepted and I'm going home in a couple of weeks to try on dresses and face my worst nightmare: "The National Wedding Show: Bridezilla returns!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's okay, babe. I'm terrified about the Wedding Show as well! Thousands and thousands of psycho brides. And pyscho BARGAIN hunting brides. All in one room!!

We'll get through it together!

God, Love, Life and Rugby said...

We need to be there at 10 when it opens, fuelled with Caffeine and flat shoes. Plan our way round and stick to it.