Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday Monday.......

I hate Mondays, they creep up on you every week with stealth and cunning and attack you like a cold blast of air, with the intrusive sound of the alarm that has fallen silent for two days. Today arrived with a headache, a left over from last night and I fear my rugby game in the afternoon - what am I doing to my body on that pitch? It's also James' 24th birthday so trying to be bright, breezy and excited at 7 am on a Monday whilst making tea, feeding the cat and fighting a tin of salmon to give up its contents so that I can stick to my diet this lunchtime were difficult. James opened some of his presents with is family yesterday - which I say is cheating - so the four cards and two small presents looked rather meager this morning. My parents had bought him a smart Worcester Rugby tie, and I bought him a smart pocket sized bible. He asked for this because his other one is rather cumbersome and not commuter friendly. He seemed to like it in its smart black and silver leather cover.
It means now that we can now put into action some of Katy's points from her sermon last night about becoming a People of Faith: Let God in, by simply asking, Tell Everyone, Christian and Non-Christian, Know God, by reading the Bible LOTS, Listen to God, take the time to do so and Live for God - Just Do It. Sounds easy! I'm looking forward to giving it a go...
Anyway lets hope the rest of the week starts better, if only the train could run on the time and the bus not be so slow..............
H x

No comments: