Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pink and Smiley News

You may remember I referred you to Emily Thackray's blog a while back HERE
I sat down in my lunch hour yesterday to sit and catch up with her blog, having not read it since last week and it contains the best news EVER.
On Thursday January 4th Emily went into theatre for her double lung transplant.
Her blog, currently being updated by friends and family, brought tears to my eyes. Sensitive as ever it reminds readers to think of the donor's family too at this difficult time.
Emily came through surgery well, and is starting to recover, with a few problems but nothing too major.
I can't really explain why the story of this young woman, who I have never met, nor am I likely to, affects me so strongly. I just want to thank God for his amazing work in this situation, and pray that Emily will recover well.
H x
You can keep up with Emily's Progress at http://www.pinkandsmiley.blogspot.com/

No comments: