Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"1980 year that God made me"

Yesterday was my 27th Birthday. I had the day off work. It was the culmination of a wonderful long weekend.
I don't really *celebrate* my birthday any more. After a big party for my 25th I have decided I would rather enjoy good food, and good company and indulge in me for a day!
This weekend was extra good. For Christmas I bought my Mum and Dad tickets to see Cirque du Soleil perform 'Alegria' at the Royal Albert Hall. I had already spotted that it was on and asked James if we could go for my birthday. So we meshed the occasions together and everyone, including my little sister came. It was truly breathtaking, seeing the performers complete amazing and daring physical feats with grace and poise. There was one act where a guy balanced on poles and did amazing twists and turns with his body. I thought he really put the muscly posing lads at the gym to shame! There were clowns too, funny and clever without being stupid.
Yesterday we had a lovely leisurely breakfast, and I opened my cards and few pressies. It was nice to share my birthday morning with my parents which is something I've not done in quite a few years.
After they left James and I had planned to go to London to buy wedding rings. All was going well until James couldn't work out what the Natwest website was saying about how much money he had and I couldn't find the receipt for my engagement ring. Anyway we stopped, sat down, hugged and prayed. And then decided to go to Brighton instead. This turned out to be a great move and we both got wedding rings in a lovely independent jeweller in The Lanes. They will be ready in 3 weeks. Unfortunately I have had to leave my engagement ring with them to ensure that my wedding ring is a good fit around it, so I am wearing my Gran's ring instead at the moment. I'm sure she would approve.
My evening was topped off my the first home group back after Christmas. A cacophony of news sharing, laughter, Panatone with a candle, flowers and a card. It's great to have a whole other family in the shape of my home group. They rock, and I am looking forward to our weekend away together in a a few weeks.
I went to bed last night, a little later than planned with a smile thinking that all is good with the world in general, having been reminded of the important things in life. H x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that Gran would approve of you wearing her ring.She is always with me and she is always with you too.
It was truly a brilliant weekend, even for a grumpy old man!
Love,
Daddy