Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Friday, February 01, 2008

Date Night

Once a week James and I try to have an evening or a weekend afternoon to ourselves. Us time, marriage time or date night. They all mean the same thing. Sometimes we go to the pub, for a walk, for dinner, to an exhibition. Sometimes we stay in for a meal. Last night we went to the cinema.
We went to see St. Trinians, shockingly this was also James' choice! The cinema was empty, which takes away a bit from the shard experience atmosphere but does mean you get to pick you seats, and reduces the chance of a chatting, chopping or rustling neighbour.
The film was fun and frivolous, which was perfect for the mood I was in. I did find myself with my face screwed up for the first ten minutes, no doubt sub consciously replaying some of my worst school days. I liked some of the more subtle jokes: "I think Mr Darcy likes you", as the dog humps Colin Firth's leg! and when Kelly introduces Annabella to one of the groups as Goths: "We're not goth, we're emo" Rupert Everett was perfect as Carnaby and Camilla Fritton. My favourite scene was the Trafalgar Square scene with the whole school walking up the steps to the national gallery. Big Ben in the background stood at 7 O'Clock, and I found myself wondering what it would have been like to be in Trafalgar Square that summer morning!
Go and see it if you want and easy film with some laughs and a mixture of new and old faces. Oh and the delicious Russell Brand.
Watching it gave me an idea. I am going to a lookalike party soon, what do you reckon to me going as Head Girl Kelly? (have a look at the picture)
H x

1 comment:

Alice said...

I think you'd make a great Kelly. She's v. sexy just like you!

I think one of my favourite bits was when they were playing hockey against Cheltenham Ladies College. Stephen asked why I was crying with laughter and I pointed out that I've playing hockey against Cheltenham Ladies College and they really are like that!!

love you.

A x

PS I updated my blog. Finally!!