Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Walk the Walk

Well I have a challenge to keep me occupied until the end of May! It's Alice's fault. After we ran the Hydro Active in September she started looking for a new challenge. She started badgering me by email, and I kept ignoring her. Eventually she wore me down. I filled out the application form for the event and sent it off.
And thought noting of it.
Then started to think I hadn't got a place. Oh Well.
Then in late December as the Christmas pounds piled on and I forgot my way to the gym it came.
An innocent white envelope with a letter starting with CONGRATULATIONS.
The adrenalin shot through me, and then the smile beamed across my face.
Alice and I have confirmed places on the 2008 Playtex Moonwalk on 17th May 2008.
For a detailed description of what we have signed up to look at this website but basically we are power walking a marathon - that's 26.2 miles for those of you unsure about these things, overnight, round London, in a bra (one each of course ;-))
We are raising money for Walk the Walk - a Breast Cancer Charity. So we'll set up a just giving site, don our trainers and get walking. Will you support us?
Hannah x

1 comment:

Rach said...

Yay! If you need a pounding the streets buddy, remember to give me a shout!