Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Uncertainty

I sometimes think it would be nice if there was a machine that you could put your vital information into and it would tell you what job to do, when to train, when to have kids, buy a house etc.

Sadly, or not, such a machine does not exist and we have to stumble through life trying to acertain what to do when, and dealing with the consequences of our actions.

The thing that I struggle with is the waiting. I think I know what I want to do but I have to wait to take this plan forward. I will write more about this when I can. Waiting on this means waiting for other things, like buying a house. And what if what I want to do is wrong. What if I start doing something and its not what I am supposed to do? Can I keep taking wrong turns? I feel like I want to settle down and maybe have a family in the next few years but if I get this decision wrong where will that leave me?

Hannah

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm pretty sure you can keep taking wrong turns ! God will always lead you back the other way !

Anonymous said...

Life is a series of 'wrong turns' but if you believe in destiny or that some higher power has a plan for you then surely these aren't 'wrong turns' at all but are all part of the path we are supposed to take.

You know that you always have the support of friends and family so you can't really go too wrong. (Perhaps unless you decided to shave off all your hair and grow a beard - that would be a bit wrong!!).

Unknown said...

...but you need to have the courage to take the turn in the first place. The only wrong turns are the ones we do not take and so if we don't take them they must be the wrong ones and the ones we do take are right!We only ever have the present and all we can do is the best we can with what we have got and as Shelly rightly says you always have the support of your family and friends,and that is unconditional.

Anonymous said...

All you can do is make the decision and go for it wholeheartedly. Once you are committed it is much easier.
Love

Mummy