Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Friday, September 14, 2007

Fun, food and friends

Last Saturday comprised entirely of eating, drinking and having fun. After a quick run James and I had homemade pancakes from Nigella Lawson's book, with maple syrup and streaky bacon.
Then we went to Tim and Chan's for a home group Barbecue. It was good to sit in their lovely garden, in the September sunshine, drinking, laughing and catching up. The food was tasty and plentiful and everyone seemed well and relaxed.
Unfortunately we had to make a premature exit to go to Andy and Clare's Stag and Hen doo s. Clare had a girlie afternoon get together at Rachel W's. I was handed a glass of Pimms as I walked through the door! It was nice to be with a group of women, chilling out and celebrating Clare's nuptials. I gave her a Buchanan tartan garter with her and Andy's names embroidered on it. It was supposed to be a bit of fun but it made her cry - in a slightly hormonal emotional bridal way! She got other great gifts including Anthea Turner's Perfect Housewife, many chocolate related things and a feather duster!
After the most divine afternoon tea with pink bubbly I changed and put on my war paint in time to strut into South Croydon (new shoes = strut!) and to Conchita's, for Mexican Mayhem. One jug of white Sangria just didn't seem enough between my and Rachel S so we bought another! Oh well.
A tired, well fed and happy Hannah fell into bed gone midnight.
H x
p.s. The wedding is tomorrow. Pictures to follow...

No comments: