Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Monday, February 12, 2007

More Tea Sir?

Last Tuesday was James' 25th Birthday, and to mark the quarter of a century we both took the day off.
After breakfast in bed with presents and cards, we popped round to his parents to share the chocolate fudge cake I had made in a whirlwind of domesticity! We took the opportunity to wish Douglas a Happy Birthday too. In 25 years they have never bought each other a present. Twins - I will never understand them.
At midday we changed into our slightly posher togs and caught the train to Victoria from a cold frosty South Croydon. We caught a bus towards Park Lane, and as we were rather early for our treat we took a leisurely stroll in the wintry sunshine round Hyde Park.
At two thirty we wandered up to the grand entrance of The Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane. It was like stepping into someone else's life! It was so much fun. We left our coats in the cloakroom, and were shown to our place, close to the pianist on the baby Grand. James sat in a throne like chair and I sank into luxurious plump silk covered cushions.
We were served by suited and booted waiters with finger sandwiches without crusts, tea in chine, scones, clotted cream and home made jam and a selection of lovely cakes. We whiles away over two hours, chatting and enjoying living a different life! It was such escapism and I would recommend it to anyone for a real treat, my only tip: don't use your knife and fork to eat the sandwiches!
Hannah x

No comments: