Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

You are mine

I don't usually post pieces of scripture but I wanted to put this here as a reminder to myself. I am not mine, I belong to God. God has called me by my name to live and work for him. In return he will be with me always. He will protect me and comfort me. He will love me like no other. He has saved me, and will be my saviour every day of my life. My mum, as part of her recovery from cancer, made a healing quilt. She asked both Alice and I to write our favourite comfort quotes on fabric to be included.. This was mine. I still take great comfort in it. I can almost feel myself being calmed and comforted by God's almighty grace as I slow my breathing down and hear God' still small voice of calm saying these words directly to me.

'But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour; " '
Isaiah 43: 1-3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the most lovely scriptures. When I preached last year at Highgate I preached exclusively on Isaiah 40. The redemption prophecy of the OT contains some of the most beautiful images just as it's counterpart pieces earlier (the condemnation of Israel) provide some of Gods most powerful images of anger.

Truly a place of peace. Bees xx