Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Fourth Pinth - One & Other

One & Other
Next Sunday night at 3am I will be taking part in a public art project in Trafalgar Square. Anthony Gormley, the sculptor, came up with a project to fill the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square with the people of Britain. To quote the website
"They will become an image of themselves, and a representation of the whole of humanity. "
I applied, not expecting that out of the 28821 applicants I would be one of the 2400 people selected for an hour. The places are distributed around the UK to give a true picture rather than just a load of Londoners.
Anyway I have a slot. It's in the middle of the night but it is still a slot.
When I applied I originally thought I would just sit silently and pray. However at 3 in the morning this is just going to look like I am asleep.
So what should I do?
I have thought about reading a book of the Bible out loud - Maybe a gospel, or Phillipians? Or maybe even starting at the beginning with Genesis.
Friends last night said I should bake - I need to be able to carry all my stuff up there but with a camping stove some sort of food might not be out of the question.
I want my hour on the plinth - whether it is seen by many or few - to be a witness to who I am the what I believe. I don't have a talent - I can't sing, or dance, or play an instrument.
How can I share my qualities, and make the few people who might see me think?
Answers please....!
Hannah x

No comments: