Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Angel

God sent me an Angel yesterday morning. The Angel was my father in law.
Let me explain:

I am in my last week of my teaching placement (more about that later) and I am struggling to fend off the lurgy. I am tired. James is working nights which means he gets home at 3am.

On Tuesday night I showered before bed and treated myself to an extra 20 minutes in bed. At the incessant ringing of my alarm I hit the snooze button and as it trilled out a second time I hit off. An hour later at 7.20 am I woke up. Train leaves at 7.49 at least a ten minute walk away.

My hair looked like a hedgerow in a hurricane and I had to have tea to function.

After rushing around, straightening hair, gulping tea and packing lunch and brekkie I was about ready to leave when I had a knock on the front door.

" Who the heck is that? Where are my keys? What do they want?" I thought.

On opening the door I saw my father in law with a bit of carpet - don't ask - long story. Thinking I don't need this right now I tried to be bright and breezy.

Then my father in law utters the word:

"Would you like a lift to the station?"

YES!

So I get transported to the station, giving me time to put my hat and gloves on.

And I get there 2 minutes before my train is due to leave.

I called James to let him know I was OK and what had happened.

"So God answered my prayer then? " he says.

Yes I guess he did, an Angel at my door.

Hannah x

No comments: