Musings of a fab and thirty Hannah

My photo
I love God, my Husband, my daughter and Rugby Union. These are my musings.....

Monday, June 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home

[this post will have photos when I take some]
On April 4th we got the keys to our first home. It was so exciting. We had moving planned for Saturday so on the Friday we picked up the keys from the agent, wandered up the road and through the front door of our house. There was lovely afternoon sunshine streaming through the window and we walked round the house into every room. As we did we prayed to God, we thanked Him for such a wonderful a place to live, that the timings worked out, that the finances were sorted. We asked Him to bless our house, to make it a place of love, where we can grow together, where our marriage will blossom. A place where people will feel welcome, where there will always be a cup of tea and place to rest, where we can entertain and practice true hospitality.
Saturday saw us move in, and the House transformed into a home. We couldn't have done it without help, and it was wonderful to sit and eat with so many friends on our first evening in.
Since then we have unpacked, sorted, shifted, and built furniture. James had a week of and painted, and plastered, took doors off and DIYed.
There are still some things to do to make it feel homely - we need pictures, and lampshades, and curtains. We need to make a rota for cleaning, and stick to it. My in-laws, James and Marion, have been doing Sterling work in the garden, and when I have my time off in August I am going to have a go too.
I love it. Life is tough right now, but having a place to call home, where I can shut the front door and feel safe. A place where I can escape and know that this hard time is temporary, is a great great gift.
H x

No comments: